Make sure your Joomla is updated to the latest version 3.4.7 before Christmas
Joomla! 3.4.7 is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses a critical security vulnerability. See what has changed and what to do.
Regardless of what PHP version you are running - update promptly
Joomla 3.4.7 hardens the security fixes made in previous Joomla version. It addresses a vulnerability that was caused by a bug in PHP itself. Joomla 3.4.7 includes additional fixes for older PHP versions among other fixes. This bug creates several attack vectors connected to plaintext, user-supplied data saved in a session.
Additionally, don’t hesitate to update your PHP to version 5.5.29. Still, this is recommended to update to Joomla 3.4.7 regardless of what PHP version you’re running.
Every Joomla website affected
This bug affects all Joomla websites. If you run:
- Joomla 3.X update to Joomla 3.4.7
- Joomla 2.5.28 (or older) which hit end of live and is not supported anymore you shall install this patch today & upgrade to Joomla 3.4.7 sooner than later
- Joomla 1.5.26 (or older) which hit end of live and is not supported anymore you shall install this patch today & upgrade to Joomla 3.4.7 sooner than later
Don’t leave your Joomla as a Christmas gift for hackers
Update your Joomla websites as soon as possible. To make this process unfailing follow the steps below:
- Backup a website
- Verify if backup is complete on the other server
- Prepare test scenarios or screens for visual comparison
- Update / upgrade to Joomla 3.4.7
- Update extensions to newest versions (if required)
- Perform test or a visual comparison
Unable to edit articles or modules?
Joomla changed the session storage mechanism, what can affect your ability to edit articles and modules. The solution is surprisingly simple. You just need to logout and back in again.
Help yourself with our automated platform
We used to manage websites ourselves and we know what a struggle it is to update all websites at once. We were fed up with backing up, verifying, updating and testing multiple websites we maintained. Especially, in the moment like this, when there are two important Joomla security releases within one week. So we developed an automated platform to help ourselves with updating. Recently, we decided to share our tool with general public. Now Perfect Dashboard is available for you to ease the pain of time-consuming multiple websites update.